Tuesday, February 17, 2009

day 17 : soap

I've been making this shaving soap for a while now and I just love it. The regular shaving creams freak me out with their crazy mystery ingredients and overpowering synthetic fragrances. So this is what I use. I know it's not pretty but it works really well and has a nice mellow, herbal scent thanks to the herbal infusion and a little essential oil. And one bar will last months and months.

I got the recipe from a book titled "Ageless Natural Beauty." You can find a free preview of it right here, and the recipe for this soap is on page 181.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this stuff. As far soaps are concerned, i am pure nuts about it.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I really love your blog! And you've inspired my to learn how to sew :)