Wednesday, March 25, 2009

socks 'n stuff

I have a few things to share today. First, more socks:
These will be a Christmas gift for my mom. I used the same pattern as before, except this time I made them a little longer and I grafted the toe with 10 stitches on each needle instead of the 8 the directions call for. They fit me perfectly, so I think they'll fit my mom perfectly as well. I used Red Heart sock yarn.
Second, I got an award from The Ordinary Housewife (Thank you so much!!):
This award is pretty cool because you only give it to one person. I'm going to pass it on to Rural Mamma. Her blog is great... her little ones are adorable, she takes great photos, I love the quotes and poems she posts, and she makes butter. How awesome is that? That's totally on my list of things to try because of her blog. And her Etsy shop is super cute too. :)

And finally, Grosgrain is having a giveaway for this fabulous refashioned frock:
Did you know I don't own a single dress? It's true. So I hope I win this one because we have a number of showers/rehearsals/weddings to attend this coming up summer and I'm not too fond of clothes shopping... :) Plus I just love it.

1 comment:

Peace Creek Dolls said...

For real! You are just the kind-ess. By the by, I love your little bud in your new banner. Thank you --your so good.You made my step a bit more chipper!!
xx