Tuesday, June 9, 2009

b&w cheesecake squares

I haven't had a whole lot of time to bake lately (sorry rhubarb!), but I just found this photo of black-and-white cheesecake squares that I made a few weeks ago for a family get-together. They were quite popular (some people went back for thirds and at least one person took a couple home. hehe)... they were really, really good. It was like a brownie cheesecake.. how perfect is that?

It's Martha's recipe of course.. I think it was in the April issue on the last page, or you can find it here.

2 comments:

Erin said...

those look SO delicious...and not too difficult (i peeked at the recipe!). i think i'm going to need to whip up a batch sometime soon. thanks for sharing!

thought you'd appreciate this - my husband and i spent an hour the other day picking cherries (ok, i picked from his shoulders, he did the hoisting!) in a really large public park here in basel. it totally wasn't very 'swiss' of us to do, but that night we enjoyed the BEST cherry crumble (great recipe thanks to http://www.smittenkitchen.com). it feels so good to bake with ingredients found on your own. now only if i could find some wild rhubard or grow some in my window box, haha!

have a great day!

Leah said...

oh cherry crumble sounds so good! They aren't in season here yet but when they are I'll have to try that!

One summer when I was little my cousins and I found some wild raspberries in the woods. By the time we had our fill, our clothes and hands were berry stained and we were scratched from head to toe! But those berries were the best I'd ever tasted! :)